|An afternoon tea|
Tanfield Railway Company Ltd
Request for Proposals for Afternoon Tea catering
The Tanfield Railway Company Ltd is seeking proposals from qualified companies or persons to provide catering to be used on our popular Afternoon Tea train.
The chosen supplier should be able to prepare, store and deliver all aspects required for each setting (up to 24), this will, at times include special requests depending on dietary requirements for the day. Delivery of products should be made in-line with current legislation on the day.
The Tanfield Railway Company LTD will enter into a one-year contract with the chosen supplier, Afternoon tea dates can be seen within appendix 1.
● Cake Slices
● Sandwiches (In both brown and white bread) with a selection of appropriate fillings
● Small cubes of tray bake.
Scope of Work and Requirements
● Prepare home made products for each afternoon tea service, this can be one of three portion sizes, which will be advised 5 days prior to the afternoon tea.
● Storage of products for transportation
● Transportation of Products and delivery by midday on the day of the afternoon tea
● Insurance requirements:
○ The service provider must annually submit a certificate of public liability insurance, with a
minimum cover of £1 Million.
○ The service provider must annually submit a Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering
Submissions that do not include each of the six requirements listed below will not be considered.
a. References from at least two current or past clients
b. A description of experience
c. An overview of the company
d. A proposal of offering
e. An outline of the proposed pricing (with options)
f. Photographs of the proposed offering
Selection criteria will include, but not limited to the following:
● Qualifications and experience
● References from previous clients
Responses to the RFP are due by Friday 28th February 2020 by 17:00 (GMT). Late submitted will be rejected. All proposals are to be emailed as follows:
Subject: RFP :: Afternoon Tea Catering
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions will be acknowledged within two business days of receipt. If you do not receive and acknowledgment, please contact Chris Walker on +447872900783.
● Tanfield Railway Company Ltd issues RFP: 11th February 2020
● Deadline for submitting proposals: 28th February 2020
● Tanfield Railway Company Ltd completes RFP evaluation/selection: 6th March 2020
● Contract duration: one (1) year
If a service representative has any questions about the contents of this RFP, or about any matters relating to it, the question must be directed to Chris Walker via email email@example.com . All questions will be responded to promptly via email
This Request for Proposals (RFP) is not an offer to purchase. The RFP is solely a request for expressions of interest and statements of qualifications. It is not an invitation for tenders, an offer to contract, or an invitation for offers capable of acceptance tocreate a contract. No contractual or other legal obligations or relations between the Tanfield Railway Company Ltd and any other person can or will be created here under. The Tanfield Railway Company Ltd assumes no financial responsibility for the cost of preparation of proposals by respondents nor does it make any commitment to enter into a contract for service based on responses to this RFP.
Appendix A - 2020 Afternoon Tea Dates
March - 22, 29
April - 5, 12, 19, 26
May - 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
June - 7, 14, 28
July - 5, 12, 19, 26
August - 2, 9, 16, 23, 30