Marley Hill engine shed was built by 1854 for the Pontop & Jarrow Railway extension to Byermoor. It is the oldest engine shed in the world still in use for its original purpose of housing steam locomotives.
|On the left, Keighley Gasworks No.2, which is in use today|
|LH&J No.14, with a wheelset from Horden awaiting retyring|
|Another angle on No.14, which is currently a static exhibit|
|At centre, Twizell awaiting gala duty next weekend|
|Boilerless No.6, now replaced by Gamma|
at the back of Marley Hill shed