Did you know? The first new coking plant following nationalisation opened in Fishburn on 18 June 1954.

Thursday, 9 August 2018

Mainly Trains Today

Jim setting up his lathe
David & Antony setting up their train
Twizell with PICOI, signalman & footplate trainee
Ian heading out from Marley Hill .....
.....& Andrews House
Kyle & David in the guard's compartment
Antony scans AH platform as the train leaves for ET .....
..... leaving Geoff to continue his fence painting
Angela making training notes on the vacuum brake (under No.9)
Andrew's the crossing keeper today
Rounding engine curve
Dave, Bill & Antony checking for fires
The new look approach at East Tanfield emerges
(headshunt to reconnect, FPL controls to install, offloading siding to lay, etc, etc)
Bill lopping back .....
(photo courtesy of Dave Dixon)
..... & Dave clearing up
(photo courtesy of Dave Dixon)
Antony waits at ET
Entering Causey from the south
Our newly fully passed & proficient guard giving a clear green
As we enter Andrews House, the 50 strong party leaves ......
..... for a tour of Marley Hill led by Peter
Ian returning the hose as Ben doses Twizell's tank with tannin solution
Bill checking fishplate nuts
(photo courtesy of Dave Dixon)
Dave checking keys
(photo courtesy of Dave Dixon)
Tyler & Alex fitting a new split pin after AW No.2's brakes have been adjusted
Relax at Andrews House
(photo courtesy of Angela Pickering)
Ben is pleased to swap tokens as the empty stock passes Angela
(photo courtesy of Angela Pickering)
Angela is most pleased to operate the carriage shed ground frame .....
..... for today's big tea time shunt, ready for Saturday
(photo courtesy of Angela Pickering)
Ben & Antony begin disposing of Twizell
(photo courtesy of Angela Pickering)
Ian coaling Twizell, with an audience
(photo courtesy of Angela Pickering)
Antony encouraging Ben

No comments: